October 23, 1880 - February 4, 1959
Born in Belfast, Ireland
See Internet Movie Database Filmography
See all Una O'Connor products for sale at Amazon.com
A Few Favorite Memories of Una O'Connor
- As innkeeper Forrester Harvey's wife, "Jenny Hall," struggling vainly to keep her dignity in the
marvelous science-fiction fantasy The Invisible Man (1933), directed by James Whale.
The sight of Claude Rains without his head on is more than she can stand!
- As "Wilson," the loyal and loving servant of Elizabeth Barrett (Norma Shearer), helping her mistress to escape from
her tyrannical father (Charles Laughton) and fly to the arms of her lover, Robert Browning (Fredric March)
in The Barretts of Wimpole Street (1934), directed by Sidney Franklin.
- As "Mrs. Gummidge," just one of many Dickensian grotesques (including good roles for Basil Rathbone, Elsa Lanchester
and W. C. Fields) in MGM's all-star extravaganza adaptation of Charles Dickens' David Copperfield (1935), directed by George Cukor.
With Freddie Bartholomew, W. C. Fields, Basil Rathbone, Lionel Barrymore, Elsa Lanchester, E. E. Clive, Roland Young and Lewis Stone.
- As the highly excitable servant of Dr. Henry Frankenstein (Colin Clive), "Minnie," in
the black comedy-horror Bride of Frankenstein (1935), director James Whale's masterpiece.
A true scream queen — right at home with a brilliant cast including Boris Karloff, Elsa Lanchester,
Colin Clive, Valerie Hobson, Ernest Thesiger, O. P. Heggie and Dwight Frye.
- As "Mrs. McPhillip," saintly mother of the IRA soldier betrayed for money by his old friend Gypo Nolan (Victor McLaglen's
Best Actor performance) in The Informer (1935), directed by John Ford.
With Heather Angel, Preston Foster, Margot Grahame and Wallace Ford (as Frankie McPhillip).
- As "Bess," feisty handmaiden to Maid Marian in the Warner Bros. swashbuckling classic
The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938), directed by Michael Curtiz and William Keighley.
Starring Errol Flynn, Olivia de Havilland, Basil Rathbone and Claude Rains, with a great supporting cast including
Patric Knowles, Eugene Pallette, Alan Hale , Melville Cooper, Ian Hunter, Herbert Mundin, Montagu Love,
Robert Warwick, Lester Matthews, Harry Cording, Lionel Belmore, D'Arcy Corrigan , Holmes Herbert,
Leyland Hodgson, Michael Hordern, Olaf Hytten and Leonard Mudie.
- As "Janet McKenzie," giving damning testimony about the accused murderer in
Witness for the Prosecution (1957), directed by Billy Wilder, based on a play by Agatha Christie.
Starring Tyrone Power, Marlene Dietrich and Charles Laughton, with
Elsa Lanchester, John Williams, Henry Daniell, Ian Wolfe, Torin Thatcher,
Norma Varden, Francis Compton, Franklyn Farnum and Ottola Nesmith.
Go Back to BOOS WHO Classic Horror Players Directory List
Last revised August 22, 2005 by George "E-gor" Chastain.
Maintained by George "E-gor" Chastain