January 31, 1921 - April 7, 2002
Born in Chicago, Illinois, USA
Married briefly in the 1940s to actress
See Internet Movie Database Filmography
See all John Agar products for sale at Amazon.com
A Few Favorite Memories of John Agar
- As "Second Lieutenant Michael Shannon O'Rouke," battling hostile indians
and learning the ropes from John Wayne's Captain York in the first film of director John Ford's "cavalry trilogy,"
Fort Apache (1948).
- As "Lieutenant Flint Cohill," battling hostiles with John Wayne's retiring senior officer, Captain Nathan Brittles,
in the second film of John Ford's cavalry trilogy, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon (1949).
- As Marine "PFC Peter Conway," picking up survival tips from John Wayne again (though this time the Duke's tough Sgt. Stryker doesn't
survive the battles himself), in Sands of Iwo Jima (1949).
- As "Professor Clete Ferguson," battling the Black Lagoon gillman at Marineland
in Revenge of the Creature (1955).
- As "Dr. Matt Hastings," battling Leo G. Carroll's gargantuan lab experiment in
- As "Dr. Roger Bentley," battling subterranean albinos and burrowing clawmen
in The Mole People (1956).
- As "George Hastings," battling his wife Gloria Talbott's family curse
in Daughter of Dr. Jekyll (1957).
- As "Steve March," taken over by an alien mindthing and hamming it up magnificently in
The Brain from Planet Arous (1957).
- As "Bob Westley," betting short-changed by his producers again, but giving another towering performance
in Attack of the Puppet People (1958).
- As "Major Bruce Jay," battling alien reanimated corpses in
Invisible Invaders (1959).
- As "Captain Don Graham," battling more alien horrors (but this time on their home turf) in
Journey to the Seventh Planet (1962).
- As "Alex Marsh," touching us all with his deadly plight as the puffed up monstrosity with
The Hand of Death (1962) — a long-lost gem, recently unearthed.
- As "Dr. Farrell," battling the no-budget horrors of Women of the Prehistoric Planet (1966).
- As "Dr. Curt Taylor," battling the no-budget horror of Zontar, the Thing from Venus (1966).
- As "Barry Rogers," battling the no-budget horror of Curse of the Swamp Creature (1966).
- As "Sheriff Clint Crawford," battling the no-budget horror of Night Fright (1967).
- As a City Official, suffering through his cameo in the big-budget, no-brains remake of King Kong (1976).
- As "Reggie," having fun with a stellar cast of fan favorites in the genre spoof/tribute Attack of the B-Movie Monster (19??).
- Reviving his Revenge of the Creature character, "Dr. Clete Ferguson," to join a great group of old-timers
for one last fling in another funny horror homage, The Vampire Hunters Club (2001).
Go Back to BOOS WHO Classic Horror Players Directory List
Last revised June 2, 2004 by George "E-gor" Chastain.
Maintained by George "E-gor" Chastain