August 17, 1918 - August 29, 1985
Born in Valparaiso, Chile
Married to actor
See Internet Movie Database Filmography
See all Evelyn Ankers products for sale at Amazon.com
A Few Favorite Memories of Evelyn Ankers
- As saucy "Gwen Conliffe," courting Lon Chaney Jr. and impending disaster
in Universal's classic The Wolf Man (1941).
- As "Norma Lind," doing her best to keep Bud Abbott and Lou Costello from running amok in the
haunted house comedy Hold That Ghost (1941).
- As "Elsa Frankenstein," distressed because her dad
(Cedric Hardwicke) consorts with such bad company (Bela Lugosi as "Ygor,"
Lionel Atwill as "Dr. Bohmer," and Lon Chaney Jr.'s monster) in Ghost of Frankenstein (1942).
- As "Kitty," giving her all to help Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce
crack the case of mysterious Nazi broadcasts in
Sherlock Holmes and the Voice of Terror (1942).
- As "Beth Colman," threatened by the primal jealousy of Acquanetta's
"Paula the Ape Girl" in Captive Wild Woman (1943)
and its first of two sequels, Jungle Woman (1944).
- As "Claire Caldwell," saddened by friends who destroy themselves
through misplaced passions and the machinations
of Lon Chaney Jr.'s vampire in Son of Dracula (1943).
- As "Isabel Lewis," frightened by George Zucco's mad, ghoulish experiments
in The Mad Ghoul (1943).
- As "Ilona Carr," marvelously evil and manipulative
in Universal's Inner Sanctum programmer Weird Woman (1944).
- As "Julie Herrick," facing unseen horrors in The Invisible Man's Revenge (1944).
- As "Naomi Drake," working with Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes again, this time imperiled by
Rondo Hatton as "The Creeper" in The Pearl of Death (1944).
- As "Maura Daniel," touched by unsuspected treachery and Lon Chaney Jr.'s unbalanced
hypnotist in the Inner Sanctum entry The Frozen Ghost (1945).
- As "Gloria James Jessup," a long-lost aviatrix who returns from the jungle looking years younger than
her age, rejuvenated by a fountain of youth protected by apeman Lex Barker in
Tarzan's Magic Fountain (1949).
Go Back to BOOS WHO Classic Horror Players Directory List
Last revised June 4, 2004 by George "E-gor" Chastain.
Maintained by George "E-gor" Chastain