- ORMON GRIMSBY
- (Craig Vance)
- Visit Monster Creature Feature, Ormon Grimsby's House of Horrors on the Web.
- See Ormon Grimsby's profile page at
HORRORHOSTS.com, the official website for the Horror Host Underground.
- Check out Ormon Grimsby's Myspace Blog.
- Read journalist Zach Smith's
feature article about the show,
published in INDY, the Independent Weekly in the Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill NC area.
- Monster Creature Feature
- Friday evening at 10 pm and midnight, Saturday afternoon at 3 pm (originally Thursday at 1 am and Friday at 10 pm)
- Raleigh Television Network (RTN) Channel 10 (Raleigh, North Carolina)
- Thursday at 2 am
- Time Warner Cable (Durham, North Carolina)
- October 2005 - present
- Information adapted from various pages on the Monster Creature Feature website:
The show is all about monster movies and monster happenings in and around Raleigh.
It airs weekly on RTN channel 10 in Raleigh, North Carolina, on Friday evenings at 10 and Midnight, and at 3 pm on Saturday afternoons.
It's also being shown in Durham, North Carolina, on TWC at 2 am on Thursdays.
Monster Creature Feature is a throw back to all those great horror host shows you grew up with in the 70's.
We feature a classic horror film every week and also try to talk about some aspect of monster pop culture,
be it on independent filmmaking, illustration, or Aurora model kits, we love it all.
Episodes of the show are available for downloading and viewing in the
Media section of the website.
Show merchandise (DVDs, posters, T-shirts and other curios) can be found in the online Store.
The show is the brain child of Ormon Horatio Grimsby,
an undertaker for the already dead.
Much more can be found out about Ormon and his checkered past in his
Bio page on the website.
- Excerpts adapted from Ormon Grimsby's Horror Host Underground profile and Zach Smith's feature article (both linked above):
Monster Creature Feature, hosted by the zombie undertaker
Ormon Grimsby, is a mix of old horror movies and taking a look at artists who have contributed to the horror genre
(like Bernie Wrightson, who was interviewed for a Halloween show).
The end of each show features a little piece on Monster Pop Culture and how it relates to things happening around Raleigh, North Carolina.
Craig Vance is a CG animator at a commercial production house, and this show is a side project of great love and affection.
He grew up in Detroit, watching horror movies hosted by SIR GRAVES GHASTLY
and THE GHOUL.
Vance started the program in October 2005 with co-creator Ken McGuire.
The show has since expanded, bringing in comic book creator Clay Griffith (The Tick) as a writer,
and a music segment with David Weber.
Vance has also done a series of Halloween-themed segments for NBC-17 dealing with local haunted house events.