- KARLOS BORLOFF
- (Jerry Moore)
- Visit Monster Madhouse, the show's official website,
"Home of the East Coast's Only Live Horror Host TV Show!!!"
- Watch LIVE streaming videos on show nights at Monster Madhouse Live!
- Check out
Monster Madhouse at Myspace.com.
- Karlos Borloff's profile page is forthcoming at
HORRORHOSTS.com, the official site for the Horror Host Underground.
- Monster Madhouse (half-hour weekly show)
- Wednesday at 7:00 pm, Thursday-Friday at Midnight
- Fairfax Public Access (FPA-TV) Channel 10 (Fairfax County, Virginia)
- Friday & Saturday at 10 pm
- Falls Church Cable (FCC-TV) Channel 12 (Fairfax County, Virginia)
- October 2006 - present
- Also shown on the Web, and aired on Verizon Channel 35
(U.S. Minor Outlying Islands)
- Monster Madhouse Live! (2-hour show every three weeks)
- Scheduled Fridays from 10 pm - Midnight
- Falls Church Cable (FCC-TV) Channel 12 (Fairfax County, Virginia)
- August 2006 - present
- Also streamed LIVE on the Web, and aired at different times on DC local channels
FPA-TV 10, Verizon Channel 35, RCN Channel 2, and WORLD 40.
- Horror Host Underground Network
- Live and circulating pre-recorded guest appearances
- 2006 - Present
- Live appearances at monstrous film festivals and other shows and events throughout the year.
- On September 2, 2005, before Karlos Borloff was born in his feverish mind, Jerry Moore told the other members of
Count Gore De Vol's Horror Host Mailing List (now called "Fans of Horrorhosts")
about his debut appearance on a hosted horror show:
Hey everyone ....
I was kindly invited by Count Gore De Vol, Dick Dyszel,
to be a guest on the current episode of Creature Features!!!
The current film in the "Lab" is House on Haunted Hill with Vincent Price.
I (& my lovely assistant "Candi") appear as a contractor, doing the Count's "Dungeon Make-over."
We start the job... he puts the bite on the lovely lady... and ends up stoning the contractor inside a wall.
Absolutely hilarious stuff !!!
It's pretty cool to actually be on the show after being a fan for 30+ years.
My life is now complete!!!!!
- In March, 2006, Jerry announced to the group that he would unveil his own show
called Monster Madhouse at the forthcoming Cinema Wasteland show in Cleveland, Ohio.
In a follow-up post he added:
We've got the "Under Construction" page up for our new horror host team...
We will be streaming episodes on the web, inspired by the legendary
Count Gore De Vol and Creature Feature.
Hopefully, the 4 episodes will be finished by May, and we'll be having guests galore...
especially all you great horror hosts from around the nation....
A few months later, he posted about the latest development:
I am extremely excited about appearing as "Karlos Borloff" on the current (Saturday, July 15, 2006) episode of
Count Gore De Vol's Creature Feature,
a great honor!!! This appearance is actually my official debut as a horror host... I'm thrilled!!!
What a great time we had filming the show!!
Dick Dyszel is a fabulous director and producer (that's why he's got an Emmy on his shelf)!
(Count Gore has since turned the tables by appearing as a special guest host of Monster Madhouse!)
- The rest is history.
Here are some additional details adapted from various E-gorespondence
I got from Borloff himself (most recently in February, 2008):
I'm Jerry Moore, producer, creator and host ("Karlos Borloff") of Monster Madhouse,
Washington DC's only TV horror host show,
and Monster Madhouse Live!, the East Coast's only LIVE TV horror hosting show.
We'd love to be included on your infamous "LIST" of hosts.
We've done over 60 TV shows in the past year and a half...
Things are really cooking, and I know that we can honestly call ourselves the "hardest working
horror hosts in the world" at this point.
Karlos Borloff is a Mexi-Slovakian monster hunter from another time who
hosts a weekly half-hour show with classic movie trailers, celebrity interviews,
horror comedy skits and monsterous music videos.
Monster Madhouse debuted in October 2006, and to this day still runs 4 times a week
on FPA-TV 10 and WORLD 30, as well as on the Web.
And then, of course, there's Monster Madhouse Live every three weeks... we're on LIVE TV in the nation's capital,
showing the Best of the Worst monster movies... guests, concert footage. live call-ins,
and LOADS OF MONSTERS!!!
And we always have special guest hosts, like Count Gore De Vol, Dr. Sarcofiguy,
Jebediah Buzzard, The Bone Jangler, and Penny Dreadful, among others!!
The live show debuted in August 2006, and we've done 25 full hosted movie shows,
six 2-hour specials, and a "Live in Concert" 1-hour special.
Monster Madhouse Live is LIVE on the Web as well as on TV!!
Watch it on www.monstermadhouselive.com at 10 PM (EST)
on show nights.
Our 2-hour movie shows air at 2 AM almost every single night here in the DC area on FPA-TV 10.
They rotate different shows every night.
We're also on Verizon Channel 35, Falls Church TV Channel 12, RCN Channel 2, and WORLD 40, all local channels.
We're currently hooking up with other local DC area stations, and others in Southern Virginia, trying to spread
the show wherever we can.
Repeats also get sent out (via Horror Host Underground Network circulation) to Chicago, Massachusets, California, Florida,
Dayton, Ohio, and other unknown cities.
Our other Web homes are:
Thanks, Brother E-gor!!!
Borloff (Jerry Moore)
- Other gifted loonies who regularly help Borloff host the show include
Dr. Elixir (Ken Hasty),
Gizmo Doohickey (Russ Hasty),
Dangerous Dan (Dan Prewitt),
Countess Contessa Vanessa (Caroline Zimmerman),
Beauregard J. Pettigrew (Bobby Madden),
Ivan (Joe Haley),
Spooky Dementia (Jane Bredesen),
Pumpkin Punk (Dan Fowler),
Anne-Tenna (Jennifer Gobel),
(in past episodes)
Sally the Zombie Cheerleader (Nicole Brooks).
A riotous parade of monstrous special guests is also featured, including many other notable horror hosts
from all around the country (see Borloff's partial list in the NOTE).
- Curtis Prather, one of the four fathers of the Horror Host Underground movement, produces the show,
and Peter Scheps is floor director.
- The house band on the show is the "Monsterminators,"
featuring many of the cast members:
Jerry Moore (guitars, vocals, bass), Caroline Zimmerman (Supreme Ruler),
Ken Hasty (guitars, vocals, bass), Russ Hasty (drums),
Joe Haley (guitars), and
Dan Prewitt (bass guitar).
The group is a concert Rock & Roll band, available for bookings.
See the show website for details, including contact information.
- Dan Fowler, "Pumpkin Punk" on the show, is a talented young artist who is developing
a series of comic books based on the show.
- In 2006, Jerry Moore played the "Killer" in the early scenes of an independant horror movie
called Hatchet Jack that was filmed
in Rivesville, West Virginia, near his birthplace (Fairmont WV).
The film, written by Justin Sago and directed by Eddie Mahalick (the mayor of Rivesville), had private and public screenings
in Morgantown WV; the producers are currently looking for distribution.
See more information and film clips on MySpace.
- Early in 2008, Jerry Moore scored a major coup for the glorious cause of horror hosting when, in full Borloff regalia, he
caught the eye of "Ross the Intern" (roving reporter for humorous "man-on-the-street" segments on
Jay Leno's Tonight Show)
at the NATPE (National Association of Television Program Executives) conference in Las Vegas.
It took a boatload of chutzpah to confront the Suits with his freak flag fully unfurled, but it sure paid off!
Leno's producers liked what they saw, and the interview clips, along with segments from
a recent Monster Madhouse show, appeared on Tonight on Friday, February 8, 2008!
Keep an eye on this guy!!!
Karlos Borloff, the
Bull Goose Loony
of Monster Madhouse.
Click to see a larger photo
of Borloff with some of his Madhouse mates.